DiipSilence interview 24.03.23
MM: Can you tell us about your Band and whos your biggest influences
- Hi there this is DiipSilence, I’m an electronic music artist based in LA. My main
music styles are Experimental, Glitch, Chillstep, Downtempo, etc. My biggest
influences are Massive Attack, Björk, CocoRosie.
MM: Where do you draw your inspirations and ideas from
- Sound design plays a critical role in my music-making process and it’s usually
where my ideas are coming from. Field recording is a key component of my sound
design process, as it allows me to capture and manipulate natural sounds in
unique ways. These recordings are then brought back to the studio, where I
transformed them into unrecognizable instruments using a combination of modular
and software synths. In addition to sound design, I also draw inspiration from
Chinese poetry when crafting lyrics. Since Chinese poetry is known for its rich
history and lyrical beauty, I think adding those poetry elements into electronic
music is expanding the boundary of my music exploration.
MM: What would you say is your Bands favourite song ?
- Recently my favorite song is Jameszoo – Bugatti (étude)
MM: What's the most memorable concert you've been to (other than your own)
- The Last Rockstars by Yoshiki, Hyde, Miyavi & Sugizo. I love them all! As an X-
Japan fan for more than ten years, to see all four of them on the same stage is a
rare and exciting experience. All of them have wonderful music skills and their
emotions on the stage just dragged me in, their energy and faithfulness made the
show a blast.
MM: What do you feel has been your biggest accomplishment so far with
- To create music that genuinely expresses myself, I’m a happy person in life, but
my music is usually dark and twisted, music gives me the freedom to express the
other side of myself.
MM: Which are your Two favourite Albums of all time
- Massive Attack – Mezzanine
- Morcheeba – Blood Like Lemonade
MM: Can you remember the first time you ever played live and how it felt to have
people watching you?
- It was at a high school new year party, I was playing guitar and a friend was
singing a classic Chinese song with me. Everybody who knows the song was
singing along with us too, we were having a lot of fun at that party.
MM: Growing up which Bands posters did you have on your bedroom wall.
- Angel Sanctuary
MM - Who do you think influenced the world of Metal / Rock more than any other
- James Hetfield
MM - What's the most important thing to the band right now?
- Keep exploring the boundaries of music-making, music can be made from
MM:If you could do a cover of any song which one would it be and why?
- The Cranberries – Never Grow Old, is a song I used to sing each year for my
best friend. Hope both of us could keep our childishness and make some music
that’s from our hearts.
MM: Tell us why we should buy and listen to your Band
- The only time that I can sell my heart and soul is through music.
MM: Four words to describe (DiipSilence)
Turbulent, divisive, reticent, duality.
Final Words for your fans and our readers
- Thanks very much for having me here, and thanks a ton for listening to my
music. Hope you all have a great day with music!