Radioactive Pineapple 04/03/23
MM: Can you tell us about your Band and whos your biggest influences
● We are a skate/pop punk band from Helsinki, Finland, formed in 2014. We are heavily
influenced by the Californian punk scene by bands such as: Green Day, Blink 182, NOFX and
MM: Where do you draw your inspirations and ideas from
● We draw our inspirations from day-to-day life and life’s obstacles. There’s loads of stories to
tell when you write about your own problems, especially when you’re as broken as I am. Life
is just a gift that keeps on giving at least when it comes to shit experiences. - Ozzie
MM: What would you say is your Bands favourite song ?
● I don’t know about the other guys, but “ Dry Ice “ from Green Day holds a special place in my
heart. It might sound icky as shit, but it reminds me of what it was like to be a young teen
pumped up full of hormones. It has the butterflies in your stomach vibe which people tend to
lose when they get older. - Ozzie
MM: Plans tour and festival wise for 2023
● We are trying to get some regular shows to happen and on top of that, we’re trying to get a
tour from Finland to Sweden arranged. Starting in October.
MM: What can we expect from Radioactive Pineapple live
● You can expect some weirdness and lots of awkward conversations on stage. We don’t take
ourselves too seriously. We tend to fuck around because it’s fun, but we tend to follow some
form of a loose script. You can expect some overall fun times and comical fuck ups to put it
MM: What do you like best and worst abt touring
● The best thing obviously is that we get to play and have fun while doing that. We haven’t done
long tours yet, but I would imagine that bad hygiene could become an issue really fast. We’ve
had some mini tours and obviously the boring part is sitting in the car for hours. Rest in peace
sweet buns. Oh, and the part where you get paid FUCK ALL!
MM: Which three Bands would be your ultimate touring buddies
● We’re very fond of a band called Glass Wipe, so of course we’ll pick them. Amanita Story /
Vaatturi ja Myyjät since they are our friends. And as the third one, whoever dares.
MM: What's the most memorable concert you've been to (other than your own)
● Punk In Drublic at Turku in 2022. I got to see NOFX for the first time and probably last time
since they just announced that they are going to call it quits. I’ve waited so long to see them
live and I finally got to see them, it was so cool. If not the best day of my life, at least it’s in the
top 5. - Ozzie
MM: What do you feel has been your biggest accomplishment so far with
● Our biggest accomplishment so far has been the album “ YES! “ that we made completely
DIY. There was lots to learn and loads of trial and error, but after some struggling and hard
work we got some interesting tracks out of it.
MM: Which are your Two favourite Albums of all time
● Wolves in Wolves' Clothing by NOFX and Insomniac by Green day. - Ozzie
MM: Can you remember the first time you ever played live and how it felt to have
people watching you?
● Can’t really remember the first time, but I can imagine us being so lost. It must have been
awkward as hell. I bet the audience must have had a good laugh. It must have been a school
talent show or something like that. Well, at least now we can stay on tempo. - Ozzie
MM: Growing up which Bands posters did you have on your bedroom wall.
● Green day and NOFX probably. - Ozzie
MM - Who do you think influenced the world of Metal / Rock more than any other
● Probably the dude who invented the first electric guitar. - Ozzie
MM - What's the most important thing to the band right now?
● The most important thing at the moment is to carry on and keep evolving as artists. There’s
plenty of avenues to discover and different ways to write melodies.
MM:If you could do a cover of any song which one would it be and why?
● Barbie Girl by Aqua, We refuse to elaborate.
MM: Tell us why we should buy and listen to your Band
● You shouldn't, but do it anyway (if you want to).
MM: Four words to describe Radioactive Pineapple
● Pretty cool punk band.
Final Words for your fans and our readers
● Keep being you, do not negotiate about being authentic. Peace!